Comsol 5.2 is available to all College of Engineering Faculty and Students. To use Comsol, please use the following:
- Connect to Koko via x2go or ssh with x11 forwarding as show here.
- Open a terminal session and load the comsol module and CUDA 8.0 module with the commands ‘module load comsol/5.2’ and ‘module load cuda80/toolkit’.
- Allocate resources via SLURM and open Comsol with the command ‘srun -p <partion> -n <number of CPUs needed> –x11 –pty comsol’.
- -p specifies the partition requested, for GPU resources use the parameters ‘-p gpu gres=gpu:1’. This will use the GPU queue and specify the use of a GPU accelerator.
- -n specifies the number of CPU cores needed for CPU computing.
- When the job is complete, close the application and terminal session to deallocate resources for other users.