WARNING: This guide is not intended for student or individual installations of Matlab. Please refer to the MathWorks website here for installation instructions for students or individual systems.
To install Matlab on your Windows or Linux system, please use the following instructions.
- Download the license.zip file located here: license.zip
- Extract the license.dat file from the zip file.
- Download the Matlab installer for your platform from the MathWorks website: here
- You will need to login to your MathWorks account to access the page.
- Run the installer
- Select ‘Log in with a MathWorks Account’ and click Next.
- Accpet the License Agreement and click Next
- Enter your MathWorks account information and click Next.
- Select the Install option and click Next.
- Select the Concurrent license option and click Next.
- Select the installation location you wish to use and click Next. Typically this will not change from the default location.
- Select the toolboxes you would like to install. Do not select the License Manager, this will create a new license server.
- Select the license.dat file you unzipped previously and click Next.
- Verify your Start Menu and Desktop shortcut preferences and click Next.
- Verify all toolboxes to be installed and click Install.
- Installation will begin by downloading all products to be installed and then it will install the toolboxes.
- Install any missing compilers and packages if needed. Click Next to continue.
- Click Finish when the installation completes.