The Biomedical Health Research Informatics Core (BHRIC) is an isolated and independently secured infrastructure managed by the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at Florida Atlantic University. The primary purpose of the BHRIC is to support biomedical, social science or health-related researchers throughout Florida Atlantic University – particularly researchers performing biomedical research, translational research, and clinical research that may contain ePHI, as part of their data. The BHRIC provides 60TB of collaborative data storage replicated between the Boca Raton and Jupiter Campuses, highly available Virtual Desktop, Virtual Server, and Collaborative Research Environments. Services provided on the BHRIC include VDI, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, and user and group drive shares.
- Windows 8.1 Virtual Desktop Services*
- 2012R2 Remote Desktop Services Terminal Services< */li>
- Encrypted Group Drives
- Encrypted User Home Directories
- Encrypted Backups and Replication
* Windows 10 support pending upgrades to Windows 2016 server.
* Windows 2016 support pending upgrades to Windows 2016 server.